My family are avid drinkers, as are so many from Eastern cultures. As far back as I can remember, tea (chai) has been the cornerstone of our meals and gatherings, especially as an offering for guests. I don’t recall a day where tea wasn’t part of the daily conversation when around the family. A few years ago, my sisters and I were planning on opening a tea house in NYC. As part of planning for the business, I went to a huge Las Vegas tea convention and became certified in tea! I learned about the different types of tea, how to steep it for maximum flavor, how tea is harvested, and how the tea market is growing, especially in the States. We didn’t open the chai house for a variety of reasons but I’ve been trying to incorporate tea as an offering at FLOW Blow Dry & Beauty Bar. In fact, I am going to expand the selection of teas and offer clients a selection of tea, presented in a bamboo tea box. I’ve been drinking coffee lately, and while it gives me that temporary boost I need throughout the day, I don’t like the side effects such as my moods crashing, headaches and bloating. So the past few days, I’ve turned back to the comfort of tea and have chosen a tea that is relaxing and healthy. Here’s to tea time!
I love this little tea pot. You can place a tea bag or loose tea inside the netting and steep some delicious tea for one or two!
The past 7 months have been about sleepless nights, a constant barrage of poopy diapers, business admin tasks/numbers, hormones, and a host of issues that come with managing it all. On my organic lifestyle journey, I have made the following positive steps the past few years:
– Introduced organic/natural hair & beauty products at FLOW Blow Dry & Beauty Bar to thousands of clients
– Changed my beauty routine & products to include organic/natural products
– Became a certified make-up artist, and created a make-up kit filled with organic/natural products
– Started NOVA Organic Lifestyle Facebook group
– Purchased organic formula for the babies (read about it HERE)
– Making all baby food at home myself
– Launched this blog to share my journey
Where I need to improve on is:
– Eating more organically and buying locally from farmer’s markets (for myself and my family)- grow a backyard garden
– Working out again and starting yoga
– Take daily vitamins
– Change all products at home (including cleaning) to organic & natural – eliminate toxins and chemicals from my life
– Get in tune with nature (walking/hiking/biking)
– Living in the moment
– Getting rid of “stuff” in my life that I have accumulated – boxes and boxes of clothes and things I no longer need by selling and donating
– Shopping less & recycling more – less consumption in life
These are my late resolutions for the year – let’s see how I do! I will be sharing the journey here!
Love and light,
I miss fashion design. The past few years I have been so focused on FLOW Blow Dry & Beauty Bar that I have not been able to design anything. Lately, I’m feeling uninspired by non-stop business and admin tasks – I’m missing the design process. I’ve been turning to Pinterest for visual inspiration, especially on these cold, dreary winter days. Some images move me and get my creative juices flowing again. This year, I have a new project I want to work on which will allow me to combine my fashion design skills with hair/beauty, and that will make me happy! Here are some images that inspired me today, and reminded me of the inner core of who I am as a designer since I have always been inspired by tribal embroideries: